Expression of Interest: The North Shields Heritology Project Immersive Experience
The North Shields Heritology Project is a registered charity devoted to keeping the heritage and history of the North Shields area alive through emerging technologies. Through existing work, we are already engaged with schools, local authorities and heritage sites.
The Low Road that runs along North Shields Fish Quay used to be known as ‘The Street of All Nations’ because of the huge diversity in the population. Our aim is to bring this rich heritage, and its stories, to life using emerging technologies.
For more information on the project check out our website: https://heritologists.com/
What are we looking for?
We are seeking Expressions of Interest to create a virtual reality experience that will digitally recreate ‘The Street of All Nations’. Whilst the immersive experience will be launched and situated at the Old Low Light Heritage Centre, this digital content will run alongside wider activities designed to trigger discussion and engage wider audiences such as community centres, libraries, care homes, schools and other relevant spaces.
• A creative virtual reality experience that helps tell the story of the North Shields ‘Street of All Nations’ in the late 19th century
• A virtual reality experience that will help us paint a vivid picture of past lives
• An experience that will educate and inspire audiences, across all ages and backgrounds, to learn more about their heritage
• An experience of at least 5 – 6 minutes
• An experience that includes sound
We would also be interested to explore how this immersive experience could be created in a way that incorporates other sensory elements.
The Heritologists have secured £10,000 so far and are now actively seeking further funding to develop this content.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
• An overview of your organisation and relevant experience (this could include links to previous projects)
• Why you think you would make the best partner for this project
• Development schedule overview
Expressions of interests should be submitted by Friday 14th February 2020